From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: PRINT PERFORMANCE: from url or from memory ?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 11:53:05 GMT
Hi Mario,

JavaTeam <mario_zupan@inet.hr> wrote on 05/09/2006 06:42:54 AM:

> I have never been so frustrated as now when I have so problems with
printing
> in java. First I must to say that I choose SVG and batik when I red
> somewhere that printing java 2D graphics is solved with the batik
packages.

   I've already said that I'm not sure why anyone would come to this
conclusion...

> So I was wondering if someone have an experiience with the  printing
from a
> Document file, which is not saved on a disk. I need a code example,
because
> google don't give a lot about the batik.

   The TranscoderInput object that you pass to the PrintTranscoder can
accept
a Document, and the SVGGraphics2D has a method 'getRoot' which will give
you
the root element of an SVGDocument (you will need to append it to the
SVGDocument,
with 'appendChild', you gave to the SVGGraphics2D in the first place) so
you can
easily avoid streaming the document to disk.