From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Zooming only in one direction
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 11:07:52 GMT
Hi Philip,

philip zuniga <philip_zuniga@yahoo.com> wrote on 05/06/2006 02:37:59 AM:

> I am currently working on an java application where I
> would need to zoom in and zoom out an SVG file, but
> the twist is that I should perform zooming in just one
> direction. Meaning, I should be able to perform
> horizontal zooming, while keeping the vertical height
> of the image constant.

   You can do this by using a non-uniform scale for the
renderingTransform.  There are many ways to adjust this
all the 'directly' provided means use uniform scale, but
most can be fairly easily modified to do a non-uniform
scale.

   In particular the JSVGCanvas.ZoomAction has a
constructor that takes separate x/y scales.  You
will have to replace the normal entries for zoom-in
out in the swing component of course.