From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: Memory & Dynamic Canvas
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 13:21:31 GMT
Hi Greg,

"Greg Steele" <gsteele@apt-cafm.com> wrote on 05/09/2006 09:05:34 AM:

> Thank you very much. Lesson learned. Removing a swing component from its
> parent container is not enough.  Dispose must be called too.  Sorry to
> clutter this mailing list with a Swing issue.

   I suspected that Swing might not be allowing the canvas to go to GC,
but you mentioned that marking the Canvas as STATIC fixed the problem,
which to me didn't sync with this being the problem.

  Was the STATIC/DYNAMIC thing just a red herring? Or are you fairly
confident that a static canvas doesn't need dispose called but a
dynamic canvas does?