From "Greg Steele" <gste...@apt-cafm.com>
Subject Memory & Dynamic Canvas
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 19:47:46 GMT
Hi,
I've been trying to track down a major memory leak in my app.  After
creating a very simple test app, I was able to determine that setting
canvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC) was somehow causing
unused objects to remain on the heap after I removed the canvas from the
container.  The memory leak goes away when I leave the canvas static; I can
close and reopen the same SVG doc indefinitely.

Perhaps, I'm not closing the canvas correctly?  Currently, I just remove it
from its parent container.

Unfortunetly, I need the canvas dynamic.  Forgive me if this has been
addresses elsewhere, but I scoured the mailing list for a fix.

Thanks,
Greg