From "Steiner, Dominik" <Dominik.Stei...@gigatronik.com>
Subject performance issue
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:54:05 GMT
Hi,

I had a similar post a while ago, and Thomas was able to help with my performance issues.
Requirements though have gone up and I'm testing my svg app with more gps points, i.e. I have
a map (600 kb) and there can be around 400 gps points on it displayed.

Basically what I do is I collect the gps updates which are coming from the server and update
the canvas every 2 seconds. During the canvas updates I'm getting peaks of 60 - 70 % CPU power
because of the rendering involved. I'm wondering if I can do something to improve that, or
are the requirements just to high for batik to handle it?

My gps points are plain circles with a text and a tooltip. All the elements are inside a <g>.
To update the points I transform the <g>. That hint with the <g>-tag already helped
me a lot. Is there anything more I can do? Is there a way to do batch updates in batik, i.e.
change the gps points first and afterwards let batik render the changes or is batik doing
it like that already?

Well, any help would be much appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

Dominik Steiner

Dipl-Ing. Informationstechnik (BA)

GIGATRONIK

Gesellschaft für Automobil-