From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Batik site and logo
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 07:21:49 GMT

>   I fairly strongly prefer the second one, however I agree that it
>is a bit more muted than I would like to see (It's very "Corporate").
>

>   I made the feather in the second logo the same color as the first
>and I like it a lot more. The only problem is that you need a little
>more of something to bring the Batik text's visibility.

I agree that the feather in the second logo could/should be more
salient. Maybe the patches in the background could be filled with light
(pastell) colours and the feather

I am not a big fan of serif fonts, though. I prefer sans-serif fonts.
But thats just a personal opinion. Maybe one could get the original
sodipodi file where the font isn't converted to paths to give the people
the opportunity to play around with the logo?

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/