From JavaTeam <mario_zu...@inet.hr>
Subject Re: Diacritical marks in batik
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 10:17:24 GMT

   I'm not sure what to say here. It's sort of out of our hands at this
point.  What sort of printer are you printing to?  Is it PostScript or
something else?  Is it possible the printer font is lacking the char?

I tried on HP-5p LaserJet and dot printer Epson LQ-570+. But,
Problematical text is only in a JTable so I was thinking that I will display
JTable as image.

   I'm not real sure what the win would be, in the end we just use the
Java2D API's to print to the printer.  If you printed to a PDF there might
be a win as you could then print the PDF from Acrobat or the like...

The output of my application is, from left to right, JTree, JTable and a big
gantt chart. Multipage preview. So, at the first tests, I saw that batik
package is a good solution for a printing graphics in java, which is as I
read all around, a problematical part of java.
Chart alone is a printing ok and the only problem is displaying JTree and
JTable in a svg file. But I think that I can display it like image - the
un-understandable code in a svg file.