From Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>
Subject Re: Custom cursors problem
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 12:35:07 GMT
On Friday, May 5, 2006, 2:21:52 PM, Selva wrote:

S> Hi All,

S> When i tried to add custom cursor to my svg canvas. It is throwing the
S> attached exception. I used the following code to add custom cursor.

S> Anyone please specify why it’s throwing the exception?
S>
S> Element defs = doc.createElementNS(svgNS, "defs");

S> Element cursor = doc.createElementNS(svgNS, "cursor");
S> cursor.setAttributeNS(null, "id", "zoomin");
S> cursor.setAttributeNS(null, "xlink:href", "file:///E:/zoomin.gif");

Its not the "xlink:href" attribute in the null namespace. Its the href attribute in the Xink
namespace, http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink - which may or may not be bound to the xlink: prefix.

So
cursor.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS, "href", "file:///E:/zoomin.png");
would be better, assuming xlinkns is defined.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG