From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: PRINT PERFORMANCE: from url or from memory ?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 13:09:45 GMT
Are you saying that you generate SVG from Java2D graphics only so you
can print the SVG afterwards? If yes, you're making a big unnecessary
detour. Java's printing environment is built exactly to process Java2D
graphics directly. You can print what you paint against a Graphics2D
instance directly to a printer. I'm confused.

On 09.05.2006 14:47:49 JavaTeam wrote:

> thomas.deweese wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mario,
> >
> > JavaTeam <mario_zupan@inet.hr> wrote on 05/09/2006 06:42:54 AM:
> >
> >> I have never been so frustrated as now when I have so problems with
> > printing
> >> in java. First I must to say that I choose SVG and batik when I red
> >> somewhere that printing java 2D graphics is solved with the batik
> > packages.
> >
> >    I've already said that I'm not sure why anyone would come to this
> > conclusion...
> >
> > Could you please read this mail:
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-batik-users/200303.mbox/%3C3E634505.E6B43148@oracle.com%3E
> >
> > and
> >
> > about postscript with which I draw a parallel:
> >
> > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/printing.html
> >

> >> So I was wondering if someone have an experiience with the  printing
> > from a
> >> Document file, which is not saved on a disk. I need a code example,
> > because
> >> google don't give a lot about the batik.
> >
> >    The TranscoderInput object that you pass to the PrintTranscoder can
> > accept
> > a Document, and the SVGGraphics2D has a method 'getRoot' which will give
> > you
> > the root element of an SVGDocument (you will need to append it to the
> > SVGDocument,
> > with 'appendChild', you gave to the SVGGraphics2D in the first place) so
> > you can
> > easily avoid streaming the document to disk.
> >
> > I ask that because I draw parallel again with the postscript: look at:
> >
> > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/printing.html
> >

> > So what are you suggest for printing java 2D Graphics, if not SVG ?

Jeremias Maerki