From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Batik site and logo
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 06:53:35 GMT
I prefer the second one although the art of Batik is something very
colorful, normally. I love the way that the second logo hints at the
actual Batik art but if it could be made more colorful, maybe while
maintaining the ASF feather's original colors, that would make it real
cool. Too bad I'm not much of an artist.

On 09.05.2006 02:50:04 Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Cameron McCormack:
> > More importantly, however, is that I think it's time for a new logo!
>
> AndyFitz has knocked up a couple of basic designs for a logo.  The
> first, the word "BATIK" with a feather as the "I":
>
>   http://mcc.id.au/temp/2006/logo1.svg
>
> I tried also using the purple/red/yellow Apache feather, but it doesn't
> look as clean.
>
> And a second one, a patch that is meant to look like some (stylised)
> Batik with a feather, and the word "BATIK" below it:
>
>   http://mcc.id.au/temp/2006/logo2.svg
>
> Personally I prefer the latter design, Andy prefers the first.  Any
> opinions?  These aren't finished logos, just designs; they can be
> tweaked to get them looking nicer, later.

Jeremias Maerki