From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: ECMAScript == JavaScript?
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 09:32:15 GMT
Alexander Kolesnikov:
> "As the ECMAScript (JavaScript) language is one of the most popular
> languages..."
>
> This is a quotation from scripting intro at the Batik website. The
> question is: can I really substitute 'JavaScript' for 'ECMAScript', at
> least for practical purposes? I am asking this because I know quite well
> what JavaScript is, but I couldn't say this about ECMAScript.

ECMAScript is the JavaScript language as standardised by ECMA, the
European Computer Manufacturer's Association.  One of the versions of
JavaScript (1.4? I can't quite remember) is equivalent to ECMAScript 3rd
Edition, as far as I know.

But for the purpose of discussion scripting in SVG, yes, they're
equivalent.

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au