From "Philip Wilder" <philip.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Extracting information from a transformation matrix
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 13:07:33 GMT
Hello all,

While I apologize in that this is not necessarily a Batik specific
question but I've run across it in my interactions with Batik and Java
so I thought I would pose it here. Basically I would like to know if
it is possible to extract information from a transformation matrix.
Specifically I will like to be able to track things like shear,
rotation and transformation independently. Other online sources would
seem to indicate no, but it would be helpful if someone here could
give me an authoritative (or at least confident) yay or nay.

Thanks,

Philip