From André Ávila <asan...@nextech.com.br>
Subject JSVGCanvas resizing transform
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 21:34:41 GMT
Hello,

I'm still struggling with this issue, so I would like some suggestions on how to approach
it.

I have a JSVGCanvas in an applet. That canvas holds an overlay that paints Java2D shapes.
Everytime a rendering transform is applied to the canvas, I have my overlay apply the same
transform to all Java2D shapes, so they all keep the same relative position, regardless of
the zooming/panning/rotation.

Now, my problem is that, when the JSVGCanvas gets resized, the document is transformed to
fit in the entire new area. This means that, if the canvas' size is reduced, the document
is scaled down, and so on. This is the default Batik behavior.

I would like to use the same approach I described above to keep my overlay's shapes in synch
with the canvas when it is resized. However, I was not able to determine which AffineTransform
is applied to the canvas.

I got to a very close effect by messing with the viewBox transform, but the synch is not perfect
(the shapes always get a little displaced) and the amount of code for doing that is really
disturbing. If I could just grab the AffineTransform applied to the canvas in a resize operation,
that could be accomplished with 2 lines of code.

Any ideas will be most welcome.