From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Synchronizing JSVGCanvas - Again
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:28:56 GMT
Hi Andre,

André Ávila <asantos@nextech.com.br> wrote on 04/12/2006 02:54:47 PM:

> Anyway, I thought that pan interaction changed only the painting
transform,
> since is just repositioning a bitmap. So, what is the difference between
> rendering and painting transform? Why do we need both?

   The painting transform is used when doing 'interactive' changes
to the transform (like dragging, or zooming, or rotating) to display
the offscreen buffer providing quick feedback but once the interactive
updates are done the document is re-rendered with the result of
concatenating the rendering transform and the painting transform.

   So the painting transform is used when 'painting' the display
with the most recently rendered offscreen bitmap version of the
SVG document.

   The rendering transform is used when rendering the SVG document
to the offscreen bitmap.