From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Problem with xlink namespace?
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 18:02:39 GMT
Hi Alexander:

Alexander Kolesnikov <ak@sundraw.ws> wrote on 04/01/2006 12:46:43 PM:

> I suspect that the problem is in how I am dealing with XLink namespace,

    Yes, this is your problem.

> // I need to add the XLink namespace, so this is how I am trying to do
that
> root.setAttributeNS("xmlns", "xlink", "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink");

   This does nothing for dom (and the first arg should be
the XML namespaces namespace).  This can be helpful for serialization
but the 'xlink' should be "xmlns:xlink" in that case.

> textPath.setAttributeNS("xlink", "href", "path0");

This needs to be:
        textPath.setAttributeNS("http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink",
                              "xlink:href", "path0");

   The namespace arg is the namespace URI not the 'prefix'.