From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: removing elements
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:59:20 GMT
Hi all,

   If you have the 'id' of the element(s) to remove you can do this easily
(and quickly) with:

        Element e = document.getElementById(<element to removes id>);
        e.getParentNode().removeChild(e);

   So wrap this in your accidents2Remove for loop and just those elements
will be removed.

rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 04/13/2006 03:24:39 PM:

> All the cirlce id's I want to remove are stored in an array ...
> when I try to execute my code, it runs but does not get processed, I
think it's the
> way I'v looped it ...

   You don't advance child, you need to add:
        child = child.getNextSibling();

   at the end of the while(child!=null) loop...

can you please have a look at my code, and see if you
> can spot what Im doing wrong:
>
>                 SVGDocument svgDocument = canvas.getSVGDocument();
>                 String SVGNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
>                 Element g = svgDocument.getElementById("circleGroup");
>
>                 Element child = (Element) g.getFirstChild();
>
>                 while (child != null)
>                 {
>
>                 for (int i=0; i<accident2Remove.size(); i++)
>                 {
>         AccidentRecord accidentR = (AccidentRecord)
accident2Remove.get(i);

batik-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org