From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: how can i display text in g that use clip-path
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:47:31 GMT
Hi Alex,

"Alex Chew" <chew.alex@gmail.com> wrote on 04/06/2006 12:18:47 AM:

> Everything goes right, English words were printed successfully, but
Chinese
> words disappeared.
> And, it works perfectly well while i eliminate clip-path.

   Is it possible that your clip path is, clipping the Chinese text?
It can sometimes be a little tricky getting a clip path where you want it.

> Would you please tell me
> 1) why does this happen and
> 2) how can i make it work well?

   I have a hard time imagining what interaction there would be between
the Chinese text layout and clip paths, especially since essentially all
documents have a clip path defined by the rootmost SVG element.

Can you provide a complete example that shows the problem (you almost had
it above but you were missing the clip definition and outmost SVG
element).