From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Antwort: Tooltips for elements?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:12:24 GMT
OK, great!  That's just what I'm looking for.  Thanks for all the
replies.  I'm not looking for HTML or anything like that; just a
one-liner text is all I need so this suits my purposes perfectly.

Thanks again,

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 1:04 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Antwort: Tooltips for elements?

Hi Michael,
    Tooltips have been supported from title and desc for a long time in
Batik.
    They can actually be the children of just about any element not just

group.

    I'm not sure what he means by SVG3, I would guess he means ASV 3.0
(the Adobe SVG viewer) which is correct the Adobe viewer doesn't support
displaying title/desc as Tooltip but since You are using the JSVGCanvas
display your content you can make use of this 'short cut'.

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on

04/10/2006 12:55:13 PM:

> I read where SVG 1.2 may support tooltips.  I haven?t tried title and
desc; I
> was just looking for the proper method of doing it via Batik.  I?m
using
> development version from March.  If it?s simply not a supported
feature,
> guess I can live with that.  I?m just looking for what is supported
and
how to do it.