From "Dylan Browne" <dbro...@mango-solutions.com>
Subject CSS ignored when exporting to JPG
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:12:35 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem when attempting to rasterize an SVG document created using
the Batik DOM classes. It looks like the rasterize process is not picking up
the stylesheet I am importing.

I include my stylesheet like this (this works fine in so far as rendering
SVG in the browser goes):

        ProcessingInstruction pi = null;
        // import the stylesheet
        pi = doc.createProcessingInstruction("xml-stylesheet", Config.CSS);
        doc.insertBefore(pi, doc.getDocumentElement());

When I am creating my JPG, I use the following code. This does generate the
jpg, but any elements which are styled are not picked up so I end up with a
largely black image with a few shapes visible:

    public void streamSVGIntoImageFormat(SVGDocument doc) {
        try {
            // create a JPEG transcoder
            JPEGTranscoder t = new JPEGTranscoder();
            // set the transcoding hints
            t.addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_QUALITY, new Float(.8));
            // create the transcoder input
            TranscoderInput input = new TranscoderInput(doc);
            // create the transcoder output
            OutputStream ostream = new FileOutputStream("c:\\out.jpg");
            TranscoderOutput output = new TranscoderOutput(ostream);
            // save the image
            t.transcode(input, output);
            // flush and close the stream then exit
            ostream.flush();
            ostream.close();
        } catch (Exception e) {
           e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

Does this look like an issue with how I import my stylesheet, or an issue
with how I am calling the Transcoder code?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kind regards,

Dylan