From Martin Morawetz <martin.moraw...@kreativezone.at>
Subject Trying to transcode SVG to EPS
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:30:00 GMT
Hello,

Trying to transcode an SVG to an EPS file using
following code:

public boolean transform(CharArrayWriter charArrayWriter , Writer writer)
	{
	EPSTranscoder trans = new EPSTranscoder();
	TranscoderInput input = new
		TranscoderInput(charArrayWriter.toString());
	TranscoderOutput output = new TranscoderOutput(writer);
		try
		{
		trans.transcode(input, output);
		writer.flush();
		}
	catch(TranscoderException e)
		{
		return false;
		}
	catch(IOException e)
		{
		return false;
		}

	return true;
	}

produces following exception:

[class org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderException]: null
Enclosed Exception:
Unable to make sense of URL for connection
   at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:126)
   at
com.company.svggenerator.transform.EpsTransformer.transform(EpsTransformer.java:267)
       :
       :

I use batik 1.6 and a current pdf-transcoder.jar from the batik 1.6 zipfile.
I also have fop 0.20.5 in the classpath.

Any ideas?

--

Regards
Martin