From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Merging two SVG and sending them as an ImageIcon
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:50:37 GMT
Hi Mariusz,

Mariusz Chmielewski <mchmiel@isi.wat.waw.pl> wrote on 01/16/2006 08:33:08
AM:

> I am using JDOM to parse the SVG files becouse when i use Batic i always

> get an exception ... what am i doing wrong ??

  It would help to see the Batik version of the code and the error you get
since I know nothing about JDOM.  My first guess is that you aren't
calling 'importNode' to import the elements from the one Document into
the first document.

> the problem is that i would like to cut whole content of svg tree from
> one file and insert it in another:

   You might find that the 'image' element works better for you here,
rather than do all this work to munge the DOM tree's.

> then i want to produce a ImageIcon from the merged Document and i always

> get an error:

    The code below looks rather hacked together, I would suggest reading:
        http://xml.apache.org/batik/rasterizerTutorial.html

    It has a nice simple example of converting an SVG to a JPEG.
I would suggest getting that working first then try adding your
code to 'merge' DOM tree's (however I think you are best off just
using the image element).