From "Fennell, Philip" <philip.fenn...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Problems trying to add text dynamically in SVGCanvas
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:55:23 GMT
Maria,

There is a difference between you rectangle and text examples. The
rectangle sets attributes with a 'null' namespace and the text uses the
SVG namespace. I've never tried this before but if you are looking for a
difference then that is probably it.

Regards

Philip Fennell

________________________________

From: Maria Carolina Arce Terceros [mailto:carolina@fuegolabs.com]
Sent: 09 January 2006 16:00
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Problems trying to add text dynamically in SVGCanvas

Hi!

I'm working on my Software Engineering thesis, therefore I need to be
able to manipulate svg content dynamically. So far I've been able to
add shapes to a document, but I'm having trouble adding text... I've
debugged it and it looks like the text is actually being added but it
is not shown in the SVGCanvas...

I'm pasting  an example...

It would be extremely helpfull if someone could give me a hint of what
I'm doing wrong :)

Thanks for your time!

Maria Carolina Arce Terceros
carolina@fuego.com

import java.awt.*;

import javax.swing.*;

import org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager;
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation;
import org.apache.batik.swing.JSVGCanvas;
import org.apache.batik.swing.gvt.GVTTreeRendererAdapter;
import org.apache.batik.swing.gvt.GVTTreeRendererEvent;
import org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilderEvent;
import org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilderListener;
import org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcherAdapter;
import org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcherEvent;

import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.Element;
import org.w3c.dom.Text;
import org.w3c.dom.svg.SVGDocument;

public class TextTest
{

    //~ Methods

    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        final JSVGCanvas svgCanvas = new JSVGCanvas();
        svgCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC);
        final String nSvg = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;

        Document doc =
SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation().createDocument(nSvg, "svg",
null);
        svgCanvas.setDocument(doc);
        JPanel panel = new JPanel();
        panel.add(svgCanvas);

        svgCanvas.addSVGLoadEventDispatcherListener(new
SVGLoadEventDispatcherAdapter() {
                public void
svgLoadEventDispatchStarted(SVGLoadEventDispatcherEvent event)
                {
                    Element root =
svgCanvas.getSVGDocument().getDocumentElement();
                    root.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "width", "400");
                    root.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "height", "400");
                    svgCanvas.setBackground(Color.RED);
                }
            });
        svgCanvas.addGVTTreeRendererListener(new
GVTTreeRendererAdapter() {
                public void gvtRenderingPrepare(GVTTreeRendererEvent e)
{}

                public void gvtRenderingCompleted(GVTTreeRendererEvent
e)
                {
                    UpdateManager updateManager =
svgCanvas.getUpdateManager();

updateManager.getUpdateRunnableQueue().invokeLater(new Runnable() {
                            public void run()
                            {
                                String      nSvg =
SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
                                SVGDocument doc =
svgCanvas.getSVGDocument();

                                Element text = doc.createElementNS(nSvg,
"text");
                                text.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "font-size",
"15");
                                text.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "fill",
"black");
                                text.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "x", "200");
                                text.setAttributeNS(nSvg, "y", "200");
                                Text textNode =
doc.createTextNode("hello");
                                text.appendChild(textNode);

                                //
Element rect = doc.createElementNS(nSvg, "rect");
                                //
rect.setAttributeNS(null, "x", "100");
                                //
rect.setAttributeNS(null, "y", "100");
                                //
rect.setAttributeNS(null, "width", "40");
                                //
rect.setAttributeNS(null, "height", "50");
                                //
rect.setAttributeNS(null, "style", "fill:green");
                                //
rect.appendChild(text);
                                //
doc.getDocumentElement().appendChild(rect);

doc.getDocumentElement().appendChild(text);
                            }
                        });
                }
            });