From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: null error
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:10:27 GMT
Bart wrote:

> Squiggle (batik 1.6) gives me a nonfatal NullPointerException
> (popup window: "SVG Error: null") with what looks to me to
> be a fairly useless stacktrace:

    It is trying to tell you that it doesn't understand the
contents of the 'type' attribute on the script element.  Most likely
you are using something like 'text/javascript' which isn't
defined.  The SVG specification (perhaps erroneously) states
that you should use 'text/ecmascript' to indicate the usage of
ECMA Script.  In real world practice you are best off not defining
a script type at all and letting the UA default to ecmascript.

    It used to give a much more helpful error message but I broke
that a while ago. I'll commit a fix to that soon.