From "michael sorens" <msor...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: xerces path problem
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:39:53 GMT
Well, it turns out you're right. When I extracted the zip contents I selectively grabbed what
I thought were all the jar files but I missed the xerces file that was in there. In the meantime,
I also figured out how to use the Main class with the -cp option. A useful piece of knowledge
I gained from your guidance was that a jar file's manifest specifies additional jars to load.

One more question, if you have time:
I found a Sun doc page that describes the class loading precedence starting with rt.jar then
jre/ext then classpath. This page seemed to be from Java 1.2 so I'm wondering if it is current.
Also I found another page on the jre/endorsed directory, which was not listed on the first
page in the order of precedence at all. The first page also did not mention loading from the
jar manifest file. So is there a comprehensive source that lists class loading precedence?