From "michael sorens" <msor...@myrealbox.com>
Subject xerces path problem
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:25:48 GMT
A search on "xerces" reveals variations of the problem I have just run into; I could not quite
grasp the solution from any of them though. So if someone could explain simply what to do
with this error message:

	java.io.IOException: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found

 from this command:

	java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar build.svg

I'm running xerces 2.6.2, and both xmlParserAPIs.jar and xercesimpl.jar are in my class path,
so why is the SAXParser not being found?

As a side question, I thought all jars needed to be in the classpath, but I notice that I
do not have to put all the batik library jars explicitly in the classpath; having them in
a subordinate lib directory seems enough to find them. Any explanation (or documentation pointer)
on how this works would be appreciated.