From Dave Austin <dausti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bullets not showing up in SVG
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:34:14 GMT
Thanks Tom for all your help with this.  I am generating FO files from
RTF files with a handy utility called RTF2FO.  Fontunately, one of the
options i can use with this is to set the encoding output.  So, what i
tried to do in the mean time was to change this to ISO-8859-1.

I did do this, and it did output the FO file in that format.  Now, in
the FO file i get the familiar character references that we would
normally see in svg.

For instance, &#8226; is now embedded instead of the previous
character references. However, the resultant SVG from the FO Processor
still does not include those references, just ?'s.

I have a work-around in place for now.  I think i might post this on
the FOP user group, too.  I can also try the your reader suggestion.