From Bjoern.Stener...@si-software.de
Subject Textselection always copied to clipboard?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:04:09 GMT
Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 04.01.2005 13:42:15:

> Hi Bjoern,
>
> >  > Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:
>
> >  > > You can look at ConcreteTextSelector, line 272, getSelection()
always
> >  > > returns null:-(
>
> > Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 26.12.2004
18:19:56:

> >  >     Not in my copy of Batik. I did some cleanup of selection to
support
> >  > the SVG DOM text selection methods, so perhaps this was done after
> >  > 1.5.1 (getting to be time for a new release huh?).  Perhaps if I
can
> >  > track down the large memory leak George was talking about... ;)
>
> Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:
>
> > I also tried a nightly build and debugged it. I thought this was the
> > reason why a selection made by a double-click is not copied to
clipboard.

>      This thought doesn't look complete.  Did the nightly build work
> for you?

The nightly build worked perfect, i did not encounter any problems, except
the
"Double-Click"-Problem. I started to resolve this problem, but I am not
used to
the code and so its hard to find a problem. If you print out the variable
"label"
in ConcreteTextSelector:copyToClipBoard() you can see what i mean.

.
.
.

>     For anything non-trivial (and this would qualify) I require that
> individuals file a Contributors License Agreement with Apache:
>    http://apache.org/licenses/
>
>     So you will need to get your management's approval.
>
>     Other than that a 'cvs diff' does a great job of producing a
> patch (I prefer 'cvs diff -u' for a unified context diff but it's
> not a big deal).  Normally these are attached to the bug report.
>
>     Thanks for considering contributing.

I attached some files to the bug, what do you think of them?