From Andres Toussaint <and...@onemileup.com>
Subject Re: SVG to DXF
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:49:35 GMT
Hi:

We have developed, together with CadSoft tools
(http://www.cadsofttools.com/) a G2D to DXF exporter that works fine
with SVG to DXF (via SVG to G2D to DXF).

When your SVG is rendered in a SVGComponent, a GVTTree is built. That
is, the SVG is converted into G2D objects, to be drawn into the screen.
This tree is then parsed and  converted to DXF. Our DXF library can
handle point, rect, circle, arc, poliline, bezier curves and text. It
exports in R13 and has some other nifty features.

The DXF library is useful not only to convert SVG to DXF, but to
convert any format that draws to a Graphics2D TO DXF.

Unfortunately, the code for this library is not Open Source, but it is
available from Cad Soft for a reasonable fee.

If you want any more information, you can contact me offline.

Andres.