From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: AW: How to force Batik to use the Xerxes Parser when transforming from SVG to JPEG?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:39:29 GMT
Hi Christian,

Christian.Stark@partner.bmw.de wrote:

> Now I get this error when I use the class on the server:
> Mon Jan 31 09:40:52 CET 2005:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Exception
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> 	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.startElement(SAXDocumentFactory.java:471)

    Can you tell me what is at line 471 in your copy of Batik.  In
mine it's a reference to HaltingThread which has always had the
method referenced.  There are two likely problems:
	1) You have mixed Batik jars
	2) You may be using a different JVM on the Server than
	   locally.  I mention this because I believe the old code
            referenced a method on 'Thread' which may not have existed
	   in JDK 1.2 (Batik requires Java 1.3 now days).

> This is my solution for forcing Batik to use Xerxes:
>        t.addTranscodingHint(JPEGTranscoder.KEY_XML_PARSER_CLASSNAME,
>			      "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");

    Ahh, I forgot you could do that.  This is also a good solution.