From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Batik and JSP
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:52:38 GMT
Hi Arian,

Arian Hojat wrote:

> Well what i wanted to do was basivally have a dynamic canvas that the
> user can make modifications and i rememeber the Baik SVG canvas
> dynamically updated the image based on the info(froma slider for
> setting alpha pretend or doing a filter effect) very fast, so i wanted
> to see if Batik could be embedded into a JSP page. i guess thats not
> possible? only as an applet not a servlet?

    Servlet's run on the server not on the client and there is
no video rate connection between the servlet and the client so you
can't have the canvas in the JSP and update the client in real time.

    You can still send 'dynamic SVG' - which means an SVG file
with embedded scripting and modify the document on the client.
This requires either an Applet (so the canvas can run on the client)
or that the user has the Adobe SVG Viewer installed.  If you go
the ASV route all the modifications need to be made using JavaScript
(AKA EcmaScript) not Java.