From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: xerces path problem
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:58:43 GMT
Hi Michael,

     What happens if you download a fresh copy of the binary
distribution:

     http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/batik/batik-1.5.1.zip

unzip it:

    unzip batik-1.5.1.zip

cd into the created directory:

    cd batik-1.5.1

and run the exec as the rasterizier pages suggests:

     java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar samples/batikFX.svg

Don't move anything around, don't try and replace xerces just
run the distribution as given.  Does that work?
I will be very surprised if it doesn't.

I'm 99% certain that the problem you are experiencing is
caused by swapping the Xerces library incorrectly.  This is
roughly equivalent to trying to swap a DLL on an exec,
it can be done but you need to know what you are doing.

If you really want to muck with the libraries you will find
it easier to work with the source distribution, where it is
much easier to modify the classpath used.  Or as I already said
don't use '-jar', use '-cp' and specify the class who's main you
want to use.