From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Rasterizing Discrepancies with Different OS's
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:29:27 GMT
Hi David,

David Austin wrote:

> Yes, I assumed that there would be some differences in fonts.
> However, since I am using a headless configuration, I thought it would
> just use a default java font set.

    AFAIK this would still include fonts on the system (I know this is
the case for Windows).  So it is very likely that the 'correct font'
is a Windows font you don't have on the Linux PC.

> Does Batik use its own fonts?

    Not unless you reference them (really the fonts included with
Batik are just samples you would really have to do something to
reference them.  Which points to another solution which would be
to create an SVG Font and use that since it should always render the
same on any client.

> Is there any way I can change this?

    I would figure out what font I was actually using on Windows and
try and get that font on Linux.