From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Textselection always copied to clipboard?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:42:15 GMT
Hi Bjoern,

>  > Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:

>  > > You can look at ConcreteTextSelector, line 272, getSelection() always
>  > > returns null:-(

> Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com> schrieb am 26.12.2004 18:19:56:

>  >     Not in my copy of Batik. I did some cleanup of selection to support
>  > the SVG DOM text selection methods, so perhaps this was done after
>  > 1.5.1 (getting to be time for a new release huh?).  Perhaps if I can
>  > track down the large memory leak George was talking about... ;)

Bjoern.Stenersen@si-software.de wrote:

> I also tried a nightly build and debugged it. I thought this was the
> reason why a selection made by a double-click is not copied to clipboard.

     This thought doesn't look complete.  Did the nightly build work
for you?

>  > > I still have the same problem, everything I tried did not work. Does
>  > > anyone have another idea?
>  > > Anyway, i think this problem will bother more people than me, what do
>  > > you think about adding a function like
>  > >
>  > > public void setTextSelectionManager(TextSelectionManagerAdapter a);
>  > >
>  > > to JGVTComponent in a future release?
>  >
>  >      Sure, I'd be happy to. Anyone want to write the patch and submit
>  > it?   You might want to open a bugzilla bug on this.
>
> I opened a bug on this. Perhaps i will write the patch if my boss thinks
> we need this feature :-)
> Is there a readme how to contribute a patch?

    For anything non-trivial (and this would qualify) I require that
individuals file a Contributors License Agreement with Apache:
	http://apache.org/licenses/

    So you will need to get your management's approval.

    Other than that a 'cvs diff' does a great job of producing a
patch (I prefer 'cvs diff -u' for a unified context diff but it's
not a big deal).  Normally these are attached to the bug report.

    Thanks for considering contributing.