From <Christian.St...@partner.bmw.de>
Subject How to force Batik to use the Xerxes Parser when transforming from SVG to JPEG?
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:24:46 GMT
Hi,

I've written a simple java-application which converts svg-files to jpeg files
using the batik transcoder api.
It works fine when I test it locally.
But when deploying it on the server (bea) I get the following error:

java.io.IOException: SAX2 driver class org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:353)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:276)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:158)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:231)
	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:118)

I used    System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory",
                   "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl");
in order to force the processor to use Xerxes and not Crimson, but the error still remains.

Can someone give me a hint how to solve this problem?

Thank you Christian