From Andres Toussaint <and...@onemileup.com>
Subject Re: Batik and JSP
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:10:36 GMT
I am doing something similar. I have a WebObjects application in my
server, that uses Batik to build a properly built and encoded SVG file
from information stored in a DB (including JavaScripts) and it is then
served to the client, that in my case are both a Java Client App
running a Batik JSVGCanvas, and Adobe SVG Viewer over the web.

On the server I create a SVGDocument (not associated to any JSVGCanvas)
and i assemble my SVG from DB sources using the SVGDocument constraints
(i.e. adding SVGElements)

Via JavaScript´s getURL i retrieve additional information from the
server and append it dynamically to my SVG image.

I know this is not JSP, but is a similar server-client environment, and
also Java based, and using JavaScript allows me to have the same
functionality on different clients.