From Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>
Subject Re: Rasterizing Discrepancies with Different OS's
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:51:58 GMT
Hi,

> > Yes, I assumed that there would be some differences in fonts.
> > However, since I am using a headless configuration, I thought it would
> > just use a default java font set.

If I am not wrong, the default java font set is also mapped to platform
specific. Which mean that in each platform there could be difference in
font available. Look at the /JRE_HOME/lib fontconfig.properties files.
Then it is resolved again with the platform font. Normally if it
couldn't find the font, it will try to substitute the font with the
closest match defined by the platform and JRE.

If you using <text> element without font set, try to find what is the
default font set used by batik, and check those fonts on your system.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa