From "Lukasz Matuszczak" <l.matuszc...@atrem.pl>
Subject GVT to DOM references
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:34:28 GMT
I want to show a static svg document. I thought that it a GVT tree is
sufficient to render image, so after initial rendering I can use
JGVTComponent without DOM Tree (I want to use as little memory as possible).
However it turned out that some GVT nodes (text nodes) hold references to
some DOM elements, so the whole DOM tree can't be collected by garbage
collector.

Is there any solution to that problem? Are there any plans to rewrite text
handling in GVT tree in such way, that DOM tree won't be necessary in static
document rendering?

Lukasz Matuszczak