From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: please help me out
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:51:43 GMT
Saiprasad_Boinkar wrote:

> This is Sai Prasad from hyderabad,india.  It is regarding error when
> creating an image using the JPEG Encoder classes : Iam getting
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: NumComponents not in sync with
> COLOR_ID .  The code is working fine in windows98/2000 .Iam facing this
> problem when i move my code from windows98 to solaris.Can u suggest some
> solution to get rid of this problem.

    Well this isn't really a Batik question (this is a Java2D
question).  The first set of code should work, assuming that
bImg is the image that you end up writing to 'jpeg'.

    I suspect the root of the problem is that bImg is an image
with an Alpha channel.  You might try using:

BufferedImage bImg = new
BufferedImage(600,600,BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
chart.paint(bImg.createGraphics());
[...]

    So your base is an image w/o Alpha.

    Or you could try using (from the second set of code):

JPEGCodec.getDefaultJPEGEncodeParam(bImg.getSampleModel().getNumBands(),
    com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGDecodeParam.COLOR_ID_YCbCrA);