From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: CSS and <use>
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:34:19 GMT
Ralf Siegel wrote:

>>   I wouldn't think you would want the 'last modified' date really
>> I would think you would want to 'dependency list' for the SVG document.
>

> Exactly. Though, I'm glad you strengthened my position at that point: it
> would be quite a ridiculous task indeed.

    Actually, a quick check indicates that the security methods in the UserAgent
classes do get called for everything (at least that I could think of). So all
you would need to do is subclass the UserAgent class to track all the files
it gets script/external Resources requests for.  It would in fact be quite
simple.  You may get requested multiple times and the URL's have fragments
on them but those are easily dealt with.