From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: General Discussion: Performance
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:14:26 GMT
Reinhard Brandst├Ądter wrote:
> Thomas DeWeese wrote:
>>   Do the elements overlap?
>>   If so the problem is most likely that we have to draw the previous
>> 200 elements to put the last element on top - we don't try and optimize
>> a solid fill object being appended to the _very_ end of the document.
>>   If they don't overlap then I am a little suprised to see it slow down.
>> Also I think 1.5 had a reoccurance of a bug that caused all siblings
>> to be
>> rerendered when an element was added to a group - this was fixed short
>> after in CVS so you might try that.
> Well, yes alway the last 20 elements or so do overlap.
> The document structure is fairly flat, most of the elements are direct
> childs of the svg element itself.

   It sounds like you are getting the bug from 1.5.  It sounds like
the amount of rendering required from element 20 on up should be
constant.  However if they are all children of the SVG element
the bug will cause all of them to rendered (rather than just the
20 or so that intersect the area under the new element).

   You should definately try updating to current CVS.