From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject JSVGCanvas inside JScrollPane
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:15:48 GMT
Hi.

Our application displays a potentially large SVG inside a scroll window,
to give a more
consistent method for the user to pan the image.

After calling setURI on the JSVGCanvas, and setting the canvas to be the
view for
the JScrollPane, the scrollbars do not appear.  The image does pan,
using the arrow
keys, but I'm not sure if this is Batik or Swing doing the scrolling.

On resizing the window, the scrollbars do appear again, but I get an
OufOfMemoryError
after about a second of it trying to redraw.  (Best guess without
further knowledge is it's
trying to render the entire SVG to a bitmap and runing out of memory
trying to store the
image in memory.)

Daniel