From "Jaladurgam, Ramana" <Ramana.Jaladur...@pearson.com>
Subject RE: Blurred PNG images
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 16:31:34 GMT
I have attached the png file.
To see the blurring effect, increase the zoom. You can see the shady
How to made the rendering with crispEdges?

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas E Deweese [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 6:50 AM
To: Batik Users
Subject: RE: Blurred PNG images

JR> Hello Group, I am converting SVG to PNG format. But the resultant
JR> PNG file is very blurred, especially the text content.  Any ideas or
JR> suggestions?

    I suspect what you are calling blurring is what is known as
anti-aliasing.  If you set the shape-rendering hint to 'crispEdges' you will
get non-anti-aliased rendering.  However for text at small point sizes this
is usually worse than the anti-aliased rendering.

    Typically for small font-sizes rendering engines either use bitmap
versions of fonts - obviously not possible for SVG - or font hinting where
the outlines of the font are tweaked to lie on pixels - Batik does not
currently support font hinting (it would be very tricky to support given the
complexity of SVG text).

    If suspect that this is not the issue (I'm 99.9% sure it is) you might
send a small sample PNG.