From "Danh Hoai" <h...@indent.org>
Subject Unsupported modification error when set Element's attribute "display" or visibility
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 19:20:10 GMT
Hi Thierry,

I have posted this question two times already, but noone seems to answer my
question.  Could you help me out?

The previous message mentioned that someone is able to use the
setAttribute("style", "visibility:visible") or "hidden" to work.
But I might have done something wrong that I cannot accomplish this.  Batik
always generated Unsupported attribute modification: style on g or rec when
tried to use setAttribute(..,..).  (I am using Batik 1.5beta1).   I am able
to move the g of canvas and cross around by setting x, y,  or widht and
height,but
 not able to hide or show them.  I also set the canvas document state to
ALWAYS_DYNAMIC
(canvas.setDocumentState(new JSVGComponent().ALWAYS_DYNAMIC)).   Or am I
using wrong version of Batik??  Thank you for your help.

I tried to work around this by setting the width and height of the rectangle
to 0, 0 in order to hide. It works just for rec not for the g which has path
:)

Danh Hoai

Here is the file I use:

<svg>

<g>

<rect id="canvas" x="0" y="0" width="300" height="300"
style="fill:red;visibility:visible;opacity:1;"/>

</g>

<g id="cross" style="visibility:visible">

<line x1="10" y1="-5" x2="0" y2="5" style="stroke:black" />

<line x1="-5" y1="0" x2="5" y2="0" style="stroke:black" />

</g>

</svg>