From "Dinkar Ganti" <dink...@lifeconnect.com>
Subject What happens to the Document that SVGGenerator uses?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:47:33 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use the DOM output generated by the SVGGraphics2D for
processing thru a pipeline. The problem that I am facing is that the
document which was used to create the svggenerator is not getting updated. I
have attached the code for your reference, can you please give me
suggestions as to a better method of doing what I need.

Thanks,

Dinkar

Output of the program:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<svg />

The code:

import java.awt.Rectangle;
import java.awt.Graphics2D;
import java.awt.Color;
import java.io.Writer;
import java.io.OutputStreamWriter;
import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D;
import org.apache.batik.dom.GenericDOMImplementation;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation;

import org.jdom.Document;
import org.jdom.Element;
import org.jdom.JDOMException;
import org.jdom.Namespace;
import org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder;
import org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter;
import org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter;
import org.xml.sax.ContentHandler;

public class SVGTest {

    public void paint(Graphics2D g2d) {
        g2d.setPaint(Color.red);
        g2d.fill(new Rectangle(10, 10, 100, 100));
    }

    public static void main(String [] args) throws IOException {

        // Get a DOMImplementation
        DOMImplementation domImpl =
            GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();

        // Create an instance of org.w3c.dom.Document
        org.w3c.dom.Document document = domImpl.createDocument(null, "svg",
null);

        // Create an instance of the SVG Generator
        SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(document);

        // Ask the test to render into the SVG Graphics2D implementation
        SVGTest test = new SVGTest();
        test.paint(svgGenerator);

        // Finally, stream out SVG to the standard output using UTF-8
        // character to byte encoding
	//        boolean useCSS = true; // we want to use CSS style attribute
        //Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(System.out, "UTF-8");
        //svgGenerator.stream(out, useCSS);
	DOMBuilder builder = new DOMBuilder();
	XMLOutputter outputter = new XMLOutputter();

	org.jdom.Document jdomDocument = builder.build(document);
	outputter.output(jdomDocument, System.out);
    }
}