From Bill Haneman <bill.hane...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Multi page
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:02:12 GMT
"Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb)" wrote:

> Can we make multi-page SVG file (break page) ?

Hi Jean-Michel:

The SVG standard does not have a notion of pages, thus there is no
such thing as a 'page break'.

In the past I have emulated this by putting each 'page' in a separate
<svg> element within an SVG file.  However a standard SVG viewer will
just render all the svg elements if you do this, since there is no
easy
way to tell the viewer to render only one svg child and not all of
them.

Perhaps a clever solution could be created using scripts, but there is
no 'correct' way to do this within the SVG standard itself.

Suggestions from CSS/script folks?

-Bill