From Peter Becker <pbec...@meganesia.int.gu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Generating SVG
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2001 04:52:43 GMT
Iwan Setiawan wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I'm newbie in this field.
> I just downloaded and trying Batik,
> One of the curios thing for me is
> Is it possible to generate SVG files from XML files
> using Batik.
>
> I already have my XML file, and want display it graphically.

Since XML is only a syntax you need to specify the task more clearly.
But it sounds like a task for XSLT to me -- you can turn your XML format
into SVG using XSLT and then use Batik to render it. Batik can turn
drawing primites in Java into XML, i.e. you can draw an SVG file with
the usual Java drawing primitives, but XML to XML conversions are XSLTs
job ;-) This includes SVG, which is an XML format.

HTH,
  PeterB