From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: confused about SVG size when converted to PDF
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:49:35 GMT
Steve,

There seems to be a number of issues here (some which are really fop
related).
If you are embedding an svg image in xsl-fo markup it is using the dpi the
same as for the xsl-fo, which happens to be 72dpi. This value is only
really used for conversion of units (in -> pt, cm -> pt etc.) except for
maybe bitmap images.
So the dpi conversion in fop probably should be customisable.

For the example you gave it only has lines and curves, so apart from the
size specified in cm it has no "resolution". The lines and curves are kept
as lines and curves with the same precision in the pdf and the resolution
will depend on the final output eg. printing. This of course is an
advantage of pdf.

I hope that makes things a bit clearer.

Keiron.