From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Which jar files to include?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:54:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boon, David" <david_boon@xelus.com>
To: "'Batik Users'" <batik-users@xml.apache.org>; "Eli Gordon"
<eli_gordon@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 05:33
Subject: RE: Which jar files to include?

> I'm working a project that is going to require redistributing the batik
> libraries.  I'm using the transcoder API to generate SVG documents as
JPEGs
> and PNGs.
>
> I've included the following:
> batik-awt-util.jar
> batik-bridge.jar
> batik-css.jar
> batik-dom.jar
> batik-ext.jar
> batik-gvt.jar
> batik-parser.jar
> batik-script.jar
> batik-svg-dom.jar
> batik-transcoder.jar
> batik-util.jar
> batik-xml.jar
> crimson-parser.jar

No Jaxp?

You might want to be aware of a discussion going on in ant-dev recently
regarding jaxp versions, which roughly comes down to 'the latest version of
crimson also ships with a more recent jaxp, one which handles classname
lookups in a multi-classloader world better'. It is more recent than, say,
the one on the sun site.

So consider getting crimson 1.1.1.zip and both jars it includes in your
distro.

-steve