From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@ilog.fr>
Subject Re: Big PDF size
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:35:52 GMT
On Tuesday 14 August 2001 17:47, Jean-Michel Biollaz (pb) wrote:
> Hello
>
> I generate PDF file with FOP and embedded SVG frame and text.
> With the frames only I get a PDF of 10 K and if I include some text (frame
> title, not yet content) I get a PDF of 1MB.
> If I use another PDF generator (a PDF printer driver) I get for the same
> PDF file 50K.
> Is there a problem transforming the text from SVG to PDF ?

My guess is no. May be you are using some graphics capabilities of SVG that
need to be rasterize in PDF (such as gradients, filters or whatever...). For
simple text, the size of a PDF file should be really small if FOP generates
text in PDF as text.

May be you can send some additional informations to the FOP team. Please
could you also cc this mailing list.

Thierry.