From Thierry Kormann <tkorm...@ilog.fr>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCastException
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:31:29 GMT
On Thursday 16 August 2001 10:56, you wrote:
> I am trying to load a SVG file and then to paint it to a Graphics2D, but
> I'm having the following problem:
> java.lang.ClassCastException
> 	org.apache.batik.gvt.GraphicsNode
> org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeCont
>ext, org.w3c.dom.Document)
> 	void package3.MyFrame.renderSVGDocument(org.w3c.dom.Document, int, int)
> 	void
> package3.MyFrame.jMenuItem1_actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
> 	void package3.MyFrame$1.actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
> 	void
> javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)
> 	void
> javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(java.awt.eve
>nt.ActionEvent) void
> javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(java.awt.event.Actio...
> I don't know where is the problem?!?
> here is my source file:

it seems that you are using another DOM implementation that the one provided
with batik (an SVG DOM implementation). Batik only works with our SVG DOM
implementation (using JDOM, xerces or any other DOM implementation does not
work - at least for the viewer and the transcoders).

For futher details, see the DOM tutorial on the batik website.